Monday, March 23, 2009

Bronx Zoo

It was close to 60 degrees and sunny yesterday, so despite piles of stuff to do, Pat and I decided to take advantage of the nice day and go to the Bronx Zoo.  I had heard the zoo is supposed to be very good and we were definitely not disappointed.  Plus, because I have a Sony ID, we both got in free!

The zoo is the flagship zoo of the Wildlife Conservation Society and the quality of all of the exhibits reflects this.  My favorite part of the Toledo Zoo is the walk-thru rainforest, and at the Bronx Zoo, almost all of the indoor exhibits are set up this way--no glass or nets--which make for an amazing experience...
The zoo is set up by region and we went through Jungle World first...
I had never seen a tapir in real life before...
One of my favorite animals we saw were the black leopards...
The zoo's reptile exhibit is huge and has room for the largest of reptiles, like this anaconda...
My camera died while I was uploading photos, so stay tuned for grizzly bears and baby sea lions.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Looks so cool. Would love to go when we come if there's time. Love you both, Mom