Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day!

For Valentine's Day, Pat and I walked around, mostly on 5th Ave.  This is the Empire State Building.  It was lit up red, pink and white at night, how cute...
This building looks so cool.  It sticks out like a sore thumb compared to all of the newer/nicer buildings on 5th Ave...
While walking we came across a Gray's Papaya knock off.  Don't be fooled!  Gray's got better reviews...
The flatiron building at night...
Herald Square at night...
We then came back to the hotel to look up the address of an Italian restaurant in the West Village called Gaetana's.  The restaurant got excellent reviews online, some even claim it's the best Italian restaurant in Manhattan, so we went out to try it.  The restaurant was truly authentic Italian and the prices were unbelievable...
Pat got Clams with White Sauce on Linguine which was excellent...
I got one of their Valentine's specials: Heart Shaped Lobster Ravioli.  It was AMAZING.  It was the best ravioli, and possibly the best Italian dinner, I've ever had.  I could barely stop eating it to take a photo.  And when I did, something weird happened.  Our waiter was very attentive, making sure we always had bread and water and asking us if we needed anything else.  Then, when I pulled out my camera to take a photo, the light right above our table got brighter.  Pat and I looked at each other, but we were like, that has to be a coincidence.  But then when I went to put my camera away, the lights got dim again.  Talk about service! 
The whole meal was amazing and I would highly recommend Gaetana's to anyone who comes to New York City.  We will definitely be going back.  We finished out the day with a huge box of chocolates. Yum!...

4 comments:

Curious Mom said...

What a special Valentine's Day - sounds like one you won't soon forget. Your dinner looked amazing! We had Italian too...my favorite pizza...but I'm pretty sure Basil Boys doesn't even compare.

Curious Mom said...

That flatiron building looks crazy! What a good picture, against that blue sky

Jill M Wimmer said...

Wow- it looks like you guys had a fun day! So happy that you are sharing your time there with all of us!!

ballplay563 said...

Lauren what a fun blog ! I'm enjoying watching you and Pat on your adventures. Thanks