Monday, January 26, 2009

Goodbye Blue Monday

Last night Pat and I went to a venue called Goodbye Blue Monday to meet up with some people from Doghouse and to see the band Mansions perform. It was my first trip to Brooklyn and we were definitely not in a great area. But, we made it to the venue after 3 train transfers. The venue was very bizarre. The walls and ceiling are covered with unique, hip junk. Cracker Barrel meets garage sale meets Urban Outfitters. It was a pretty sleazy place. Their wine list said "Good Red," "Better Red," "Good White," Better White." Very classy. Here's one of the opening bands called Given Up...Here is Mansions, doing an "acoustic" set...On a side note, here is what I see everyday when I come out of the hotel. It's a nice view when it's nice out. The middle building is the Empire State Building and the round building on the right is Madison Square Garden. The arrow is pointing to the subway I take to work every day...Also, yesterday when walking down 8th Avenue, a church group was handing out Chewy granola bars. I'm starting to think that Quaker is sponsoring my life...

1 comment:

Curious Mom said...

Quakers ARE our roots you know...